2019-2020 Student / Retired / Unwaged Membership
GFANZ membership fees for the period 2019/04/01 through 2020/03/31
The membership year for all classes of membership is 1 April until 31 March. Members joining the Society after 1 January but before 1 April will be granted a full year’s membership from 1 April, as well as whatever term of membership occurs before the 1 April membership anniversary.
The following information from GFANZ Constitution defines the purposes of the society, the membership category, and the obligations of members:
5.0 Purposes of Society
5.1 The Society's objects are:
1. To promote, research, develop, and apply genomics for the benefit of all society;
2. To promote and support Te Ao Māori and the Treaty of Waitangi as innate to New Zealand genomics;
3. To promote and support collaboration on genomics within New Zealand and internationally, cognisant of the 61/295 United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples;
4. To promote and support education and public engagement in the field of genomics;
5. To provide guidance to stakeholders in regards to genomics.
5.2 Pecuniary gain is not a purpose of the Society.
17.2 Individual Members
17.2.1 Any natural person may apply for Individual membership under their own name.
21.0 Obligations of Members
21.1 All Members shall promote the purposes of the Society and shall do nothing to bring the Society into disrepute.